The most trusted online source for medical malpractice insurance quotes for physicians, eQuoteMD, is pleased to announce free quotes for Nurse Practitioners (NP) and Physician Assistants (PA). For more than 4 years, eQuoteMD, has been providing 20% — 40% savings to physicians in all specialties and in all states, and now NPs and PAs can take advantage of the same level of service and savings. eQuoteMD has partnered with over 30 medical malpractice insurance carriers, using its significant network presence to secure the best coverage at the best rates.
NPs and PAs looking for medical malpractice insurance quotes need to take a look at eQuoteMD’s Allied Health Quote Page to see how simple and quick the process is. With only a few bits of information an NP or PA can get a quote from an “A” (Excellent) rated medical professional liability insurance carrier and pay online.
As the number of insured healthcare consumers continues to rise in the U.S., the demand for NPs and PAs also continues to rise. As a result of the Affordable Care Act, there are more patients seeking medical care than ever before. Add to that fact the number of aging Baby Boomers, and a predicted shortage of physicians, and it’s clear that Allieds will be expected to take on more responsibilities in patient care. Seeing more and more patients, and being more heavily involved in their care means a higher risk of a medical malpractice claim. Medical Professional Liability Insurance experts agree that the exposure to risk will continue to increase in the next 3 to 4 years. Because of these changes, NPs and PAs should review their coverage, their company, and their rates as soon as possible.
When reviewing a medical malpractice insurance quote, there are several important things to look for:
- Liability Limits — standard limits are $1,ooo,ooo per occurrence/$1,000,000 aggregate, however requirements vary by state, employer, and type of practice.
- Policy Form — there are 2 types:
- Occurrence — coverage is provided by the insurance carrier that insured the NP/PA at the time the incident or alleged malpractice occurred. Coverage is portable and no tail insurance is needed when leaving a practice or upon cancellation. More expensive than Claims-Made.
- Claims-Made — coverage is provided by the insurance carrier that insures the NP/PA at the time the claim is made. It doesn’t matter if the incident happened years ago. Less expensive than Occurrence. Tail insurance may be necessary when leaving a practice or upon cancellation.
- Insurance Company — ask to see the financial statements of the company, or look them up online. Look for the A.M. Best Rating. Find out how long it has been in business. Research reviews on the company’s customer service and handling of claims. Talk to colleagues.
- Compare Rates — a medical malpractice insurance policy is more than just a piece of paper, so finding the lowest price is not the only factor to consider. But realistically price is important. Find the best coverage, the best company, and the best rate.
Like many other major buying decisions, finding medical malpractice insurance coverage can seem overwhelming at first, but let eQuoteMD simplify the process through its new NP/PA quote page.